Friday, February 1, 2008

"Solidarity with the WGA" - Query & a Request for Help

This is a message I am trying to spread:

I have consolidated my WGA related posts at one place at Blogspot:

Solidarity with the WGA

The reason I chose blogspot is because the functionality is easier to handle on short notice. For example putting the United Hollywood Live widget on the the site only took a few seconds.

The first reason for consolidating my WGA posts is because I wish to keep a Weblog separate from my journal Shandean Postsripts, where I also write about literature, philosophy and politics. I will continue to post WGA strike and media analysis to Shandean Postscripts.

The more important reason why I wish to start the Solidarity with the WGA Weblog is to make contacts with others who support the strike but who are not WGA members. I wish to post longer pieces from such people - analysis, reflections, historical pieces.

I would also like to interview (by email or in person if you are in the NYC area) or publish pieces by other union members who support the strike or are critical of the strike but still support its overall goals.

So this is where I would like to have the help of others.

I am especially interested in reaching out to IATSE members. Any IATSE members who would like to write about the WGA strike or about their union? Are there any IA progressives who support the writers in an organized way?


Anybody who has suggestions or can help, please contact me through my journal monacojerrry and we can exchange emails.

In solidarity,

Jerry Monaco

No comments: